SolarKal is made up of industry professionals passionate about catalyzing
the adoption of solar throughout the United States.
- ManagementYaniv Kalish CEO and Founder Yaniv has been in the solar energy industry for 10 years. During his career, Yaniv has originated, financed and developed dozens of solar PV systems in the commercial and industrial space. Prior to founding SolarKal, Yaniv has built and led the solar energy division for UGE - a publicly traded renewable energy solutions provider. Prior to UGE, Yaniv led business development and project finance for IPPsolar - a leading solar energy developer based in NY. Before his MBA, Yaniv was a mechanical engineer, designing hydraulic tracking system for solar CSP plants. Besides solar, Yaniv is a Boston Consulting Group Alum and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- ManagementNeil Sharma COO & Co-Founder Neil brings 20 years of experience spanning finance, venture capital, sales and marketing, technology product management, and national and international expansion, from both Fortune 500 and start up companies, to SolarKal. Prior to SolarKal, Neil held senior management roles at two Series A stage start ups, responsible for fundraising and growth strategy. Prior to this, Neil worked for Viacom, launching new technologies in the media space, and also in banking and VC at Bank of America and Spire Capital Partners. Neil holds a Bachelor of Science from Duke University, and an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- ManagementJosh Newell Director Of Product Josh has over five years of experience in international economic development, where his focus was on risk management and strategy development. At the World Bank, Josh built country strategies for the Middle East & North Africa region and supported regional energy teams with project design and turnaround management. Working with a team on one of the world's largest solar power plants in Morocco sparked his interest in solar energy, and, after interning with us in 2016 summer, he joined SolarKal as Director of Product. Josh holds a BA on economics from Wake Forest University, and an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- BrokerPaul Abramson Solar Energy Broker Paul Abramson is a seasoned sales veteran, with over 25 years in B2B sales – primarily in the sports marketing, print advertising and events industries. He takes pride in building long-lasting business relationships that are based on mutual trust. He now sets his sights on changing the world through the proliferation of commercial solar energy systems.
- BrokerJanine Belfast Solar Energy Broker Sales, New York City Office Janine brings a combination of process optimization, management consulting and energy performance management skills to SolarKal. She has worked in consulting and in corporate leadership roles at AT&T and GE, and has assisted private corporations and municipalities in identifying and implementing solutions for more efficient building energy performance. She has an MBA from Columbia Business School and a Master of Science in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering from Polytechnic Institute of NYU. She is also a Certified Energy Manager (issued by the Association of Energy Engineers).
- BrokerDennis Wilson Solar Energy Broker Dennis has over 30 years of experience providing businesses with energy savings solutions for commercial, industrial, healthcare and multifamily residential facilities. He previously founded and ran one of the leading residential solar energy companies in New Jersey, before transitioning to develop scores of solar systems for commercial clients up to 500 KW in size. In addition to developing and constructing his own commercial solar projects, he has provided consulting services for numerous solar projects using a broad spectrum of solar module, inverter and mounting technologies.
- BrokerAdrian Varga Solar Energy Broker Adrian has spent much of his career as a consultant developing projects in energy, infrastructure, and agriculture. Much of his work has taken him across sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East. He has previously worked with organizations like the the World Bank, SinoHydro, the International Finance Corporation, and the Institute for Infrastructure Studies. His work has focused on B2B growth and business development, including helping the Egyptian New & Renewable Energy Authority launch the development of a number of solar energy plants.. He is excited to help the planet by contributing to the proliferation of C&I solar. Adrian received a B.A. in political science from the University of Vermont and is a graduate of the NYU Clean Tech program.
- BrokerHolt Gollatz Solar Energy Broker Holt enjoys helping companies through the complex process of understanding how they can benefit from energy efficiency and renewable energy. Prior to SolarKal, he held multiple executive roles at R World Energy Solutions working with clients to identify strategies to meet their sustainability goals and organizational objectives. He has collaborated with clients on a diverse range of projects including lighting, power quality, energy software, HVAC, and solar energy. Before joining R World Energy Solutions, Holt ran New World Strategies, an energy services company which he founded after 13 years in the consumer products industry. He holds a B.A. from Brown University, and an M.B.A. from Fordham Graduate School of Business, and serves on the Energy Technologies Advisory board at Delaware Technical Community College.
- BrokerPaul Hanlon Solar Energy Broker Paul has a passion for helping businesses optimize. He brings his 20 years of B2B sales experience in diversified fields and 23 years of project management experience to the SolarKal team. Prior to SolarKal, Paul worked for Express Surveillance where he helped identify and rectify internal losses into bottom line improvements. He also worked at ASD coordinating numerous company-wide projects from concept to prototype through full blown production. He is excited to delve into the commercial solar industry and integrate and leverage his combined sales and project management experience to help businesses convert to solar energy.
- BrokerMarc Iroff Solar Energy Broker Marc Iroff is a valued C-suite corporate consultant and trusted advisor to many firms in high-technology, closely-regulated industries. He has experience working with agencies of the federal government to develop solar farms on designated "brown field" sites. With a BS in Finance from NYU and an MBA from the Cass Business School at The University of London his over 30 years of experience driving strategic improvement and increasing bottom line results has helped companies implement difficult to achieve objectives while reaching stretch goals. Marc is focused as your broker to be able to help you to create a long term solar investment strategy while taking into consideration: optimal financing, tax incentives, a comprehensive feasability design all while delivering the lowest possible acquistion cost.
- AdvisorBrent Metz Advisor Brent brings extensive technology expertise to SolarKal. He is a Co-Founder of Yext, where he was responsible for Yext's technology platform and served as its Vice President of Engineering. Prior to founding Yext, he served as a Senior Scientist at IBM's Speech Recognition Labs, helping to guide IBM's overall voice strategy and representing IBM to the technical community. He is a domain expert in Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) technologies, with over a dozen patents pending. Mr. Metz is an IBM Extreme Blue alumnus, a distinction he earned while completing his bachelor's degree in computer science from Virginia Tech.
- AdvisorJim Poss Advisor Jim brings deep solar experience to SolarKal. He is the Founder and former Chief Executive Officer and President of BigBelly Solar, the world leader of smart waste and recycling management via solar-power, connected, smart station waste receptacles. He has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and as one of Business Week Magazine's Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs. Mr. Poss holds BA degrees in Environmental Science / Policy and Geology from Duke University, and an MBA from Babson College.