SolarKal is seeking a self-driven and motivated individual to help execute the company’s customer acquisition strategy in its crucial expansion phase. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing solar energy company with a proven track record, established clients, and several accolades and awards under its belt. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development, working on a variety of activities such as direct client outreach, client analysis and research. This individual is responsible for optimizing and enhancing the existing sales pipeline in SolarKal’s CRM database as well as bringing new, qualified clients to SolarKal.
Founded in 2015, SolarKal is the leading marketplace for commercial solar in the US, connecting organizations to solar energy providers who compete for their business. Over the past 6 years, SolarKal has advised on over $250M of solar projects across 15 states, serving as the procurement advisors of businesses, commercial real estate owners, and non-profits, in their switch to solar. SolarKal’s proprietary, tech-driven solar procurement platform has over 200 solar providers that bid on projects from $200K-20M, and compares dozens of variables in a simple apples-to-apples format for the client. By working with SolarKal, our clients get access to a vast network of vetted solar companies that have completed thousands of projects with Fortune 500 companies.
The Sales Development Associate is a quota carrying position with responsibilities to jumpstart the SolarKal sales process through booking qualified, initial meetings with prospective solar clients:
- Perform an average of 50 outbound activities (call, email, LinkedIn messaging) per day
- Evangelize the SolarKal value proposition
- Set meetings for the Director of Business Development
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using SolarKal’s CRM
- Learn the ins and outs of the energy market and solar industry, and how SolarKal fits within it
Candidates who qualify for this position will be ambitious, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, partially remote, company environment.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Bachelors or masters degree;
- Naturally curious and have a strong desire to learn about solar energy, the sales process, the people and companies you’re prospecting, SolarKal’s services, and the renewable energy space;
- An excellent communicator, with the uncanny ability to practice empathic communication, including a high degree of attentiveness to detail, as well as superhuman interpersonal skills;
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload;
- Experience in sales and/or communications;
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and the environment;
- Most importantly, a positive and “people” person! Working in a highly demanding and ever-changing startup environment, requires a “can do” approach.
- Casual, entrepreneurial, comfortable, fun and proactive with an accountable, high performance, and results oriented work environment;
- Access to senior leadership and ability to make an impact both internally, and for clients;
- Be part of a fast-pace, fast-growing company with a proven track record;
- Work on something exciting, changing rapidly, and ultimately helping the planet.
- Benefits package including subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, Flexible Spending Account, and equity options pool.