SolarKal is the leading solar energy marketplace and advisory for organizations in the US, representing more than $150M of solar energy transactions. SolarKal is working with real estate owners, businesses and corporations on implementing solar energy and battery energy storage by providing strategy, feasibility and procurement services, all via the largest network and marketplace of solar and BES vendors. Through our proprietary and award winning platform, organizations can easily compare customized quotes from our marketplace of 150+ vendors, and save more than 30% compared to market rates. SolarKal supports its clients with financial structuring, technical feasibility, policy research and portfolio management.
Our team is passionate about what we do and the people we work with. We believe in transparency, enthusiasm, and providing the best service to our clients. The positive social impact we make is an additional and significant benefit.
The SolarKal Director of Business Development’s primary responsibility is to secure new business by directly identifying, sourcing, and closing viable prospects for solar energy and BES services across a variety of industries. The Director of Business Development will manage their own book of clients from origination, face to face meetings, closing and execution, with the support of the internal SolarKal team. The Director of Business Development reports directly to senior leadership, and is expected to make a major impact on the company’s top line revenue. This position will be a combination of remote work with access to SolarKal’s offices in New York or Boston (and other East Coast locations could be a consideration).
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a strong new business pipeline, managing both early and late stage opportunities;
- Conduct face-to-face and virtual client meetings with senior executives
- Research and identify new and viable direct prospect opportunities. Originate transactions through existing relationships, direct reach out to companies, SolarKal’s marketing efforts, and other sales processes;
- Identify and attend relevant and appropriate industry and regional events and trade shows for networking and new business opportunities;
- Create new categories of relationships, leading to increased deal activity.
Candidates who qualify for this position have 5+ years of advisory and/or sales experience in solar or related energy services, or served in a sustainability/ESG position for a large corporate.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering or related field required; MBA or similar graduate degree a positive;
- Ability to source leads and convert prospects to clients;
- Demonstrated presentation sales, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Self-motivated with a high-level sales mentality;
- Experience in and knowledge in the services industry, preferably in energy
- Strong face-to-face sales skills, with proven track record of closing complex deals;
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, effective, persuasive way;
- Comfortable with regional and national travel, once that’s possible;
- Passionate about SolarKal’s unique market positioning and mission.
- Casual, entrepreneurial, comfortable, fun and proactive with an accountable, high performance, and results oriented work environment;
- Salary and commission package that will track market, with no cap;
- Be part of a fast-pace, fast-growing company with an easy to sell solution and a proven track record;
- Work in an industry that is new, growing, and exciting; and one that helps the planet.
So if you are ready to profit from the solar revolution, while working in a productive environment we want to hear from you! Send us your resume to Careers@SolarKal.com