Advocates for solar energy,
defenders of your business.
And we do all the hard work, so that you can focus on what matters most.
So, what is a solar broker?
SolarKal is a one-stop shop for a variety of solar energy solutions. From data gathering, through equipment selection, to financing, our unique and easy process allows you to have one point of contact and receive multiple, competitive bids from our solar partners in your region.
SolarKal has the network and the expertise to help your business save money and convert to a responsible and economical energy source. Did we mention that our service is free?
Ready to learn more? – We thought so –
let us brighten up your day.
SolarKal’s mission is to accelerate the expansion of solar energy as the main source of power
generation globally. We do so by converting our clients from energy users to power generators,
all while helping them save money for the business they’ve worked so hard to build.
Join our mailing list
- TeamYaniv Kalish CEO and Founder Yaniv has been in the solar energy industry for 10 years. During his career, Yaniv has originated, financed and developed dozens of solar PV systems in the commercial and industrial space. Prior to founding SolarKal, Yaniv has built and led the solar energy division for UGE - a publicly traded renewable energy solutions provider. Prior to UGE, Yaniv led business development and project finance for IPPsolar - a leading solar energy developer based in NY. Before his MBA, Yaniv was a mechanical engineer, designing hydraulic tracking system for solar CSP plants. Besides solar, Yaniv is a Boston Consulting Group Alum and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- TeamNeil Sharma COO & Co-Founder Neil brings 20 years of experience spanning finance, venture capital, sales and marketing, technology product management, and national and international expansion, from both Fortune 500 and start up companies, to SolarKal. Prior to SolarKal, Neil held senior management roles at two Series A stage start ups, responsible for fundraising and growth strategy. Prior to this, Neil worked for Viacom, launching new technologies in the media space, and also in banking and VC at Bank of America and Spire Capital Partners. Neil holds a Bachelor of Science from Duke University, and an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- TeamBusiness Development Business Development Charlie Y. Ellis exited his first start-up venture at sixteen and has since overseen the growth, marketing and e-commerce operations for both early-stage tech operations and global leaders. Charlie joined the world’s largest tech VC as a US lead following five years at the industry’s leading online ad sales agency, and currently serves as an advisor to start-ups developing new technology. Charlie holds BA and MA degrees from Oxford University.
- TeamGrant van Wyngaarden Partner Relationship Manager (Part-Time) Grant has over eight years of experience as a Management Consultant where is primary focus had been sourcing and procurement. Many of Grant's clients operated globally in the energy sector and Grant has spent significant time working internationally including Australia, Canada, and Ghana. Grant has led programs focused on supplier sourcing, selection, and negotiations, with a focus on achieving Total Cost of Ownership optimization as well as large business process outsourcing implementations. Grant is Columbia Business School MBA candidate.
- TeamChristian Lopez MBA Intern Christian has over six years of experience in finance, operations, and project management. Prior to SolarKal, Christian brought his talents to companies like UBS, General Motors Asset Management, and Pinnacle Creative Studio. This summer, he will be interning at Citigroup on their mergers and acquisitions team. At Columbia Business School, Christian is the Vice President of the Green Business Club, focusing his efforts on careers and communication. His passion for entrepreneurship and renewable energy brought him to SolarKal, where he is helping the team drive efforts wherever needed. Christian received his BA in Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and is currently pursuing his MBA at Columbia Business School.
- TeamJosh Newell Director Of Product Josh has over five years of experience in international economic development, where his focus was on risk management and strategy development. At the World Bank, Josh built country strategies for the Middle East & North Africa region and supported regional energy teams with project design and turnaround management. Working with a team on one of the world's largest solar power plants in Morocco sparked his interest in solar energy, and, after interning with us in 2016 summer, he joined SolarKal as Director of Product. Josh holds a BA on economics from Wake Forest University, and an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- advisorsBrent Metz Advisor Brent brings extensive technology expertise to SolarKal. He is a Co-Founder of Yext, where he was responsible for Yext's technology platform and served as its Vice President of Engineering. Prior to founding Yext, he served as a Senior Scientist at IBM's Speech Recognition Labs, helping to guide IBM's overall voice strategy and representing IBM to the technical community. He is a domain expert in Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) technologies, with over a dozen patents pending. Mr. Metz is an IBM Extreme Blue alumnus, a distinction he earned while completing his bachelor's degree in computer science from Virginia Tech.
- advisorsJim Poss Advisor Jim brings deep solar experience to SolarKal. He is the Founder and former Chief Executive Officer and President of BigBelly Solar, the world leader of smart waste and recycling management via solar-power, connected, smart station waste receptacles. He has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and as one of Business Week Magazine's Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs. Mr. Poss holds BA degrees in Environmental Science / Policy and Geology from Duke University, and an MBA from Babson College.